View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Cool trip! I've never been to Maine or that corner of the country. I grew up in the UP of Michigan and we lived in Alaska for many years, and now Idaho. We probably have the scenic destination thing covered, but I'm always open to exploration once retirement comes around. Right now I have to keep working to feed my CF guitar habit.

But as my wife puts it, I have very few vices so a collection of guitars is not a problem. She's a keeper for sure!
Hey, Earl. We had never been to Maine previously. Pretty area. I always wanted to see Acadia National Park. We are enjoying our time here (just added a few extra days at the RV park so we can hit more of the bike trails). As pretty as it is, and boats galore, it really makes me appreciate what we have in the Tropical Tip. (warmth, less crowded, lunch out for about half the price, less crowded, warm water in the Gulf and the Laguna Madre, and... less crowded) Not ready to hurry home, but by mid-to-late September, I'll be heading that way.

Today was a planning day (well, and lunch out and some touristing around Bar Harbor), making plans for heading down the Maine coast, then Cape Cod. Then...

Before we retired, when there was something I wanted, Joan would say, "Why do you work?"

As we got closer to retiring, she started to say, "How long do you want to work?"

Now that we are re-retired, she says, "Do you want to go back to work?"

I am fortunate that she encourages guitar stuff.