View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Trance after K&K is not an installation for an novice. The amount of material you have to remove is substantial. SpruceTop (as usual :-)) is correct. I really like the Trance system, but it is best on a virgin bridge plate. Also, the Trance, although the best analog system available, is still not a panacea. It sounds better than the K&K, but can be very fussy to install and perfect the placement. You might need to first try a different preamp system, or borrow the Tonedexter, if you know anyone who has it. I didn;t care for the K&K preamp.
Follow the recommended jig installation method. I did not find the Trance difficult to install at all and I am pretty new to installations. I previously had the tru-mic from the Lyric and Anthem on the bridge plate and never cleaned it prior to installing the Trance. I feel that only the K&K would leave enough residue to cause an issue.

I do find it odd though that over the years, K&K have never looked into a different form of adhesive to attach their pickups. I would probably put more of them in instruments if they did not require glue. To me that process of installation is about as out of date as the barn door, side controls.