View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=Pater Familias;3260928]Is the SoloAmp loud enough to play in a bar over drunks?

I can't say I have used mine in that environment; I use it only in coffee shops, where it is quite adequate, but with prudent positioning it can get quite loud.

It all depends on what your priorities are. Some of the other solutions mentioned here might be more hi-fi or louder, and should be considered if one of those factors matters more/most to you. For the gigs I use it for, I don't need extreme volume or sound quality to the nth degree which can only be appreciated in a perfectly silent environment by a perfectly attentive audience. The SoloAmp requires only the single adjustable height stand it comes with - no speaker cables, no second speaker stand, no outboard mixer, rack, mixer or rack stand, or processors, and packs into a single rolling bag. You unzip the bag, place the single integrated preamp/power amp/speaker cab/effects unit on the stand, and plug in the AC cable. That's it. It doesn't get any simpler than that, and that characteristic, along with the light weight and compact packaging of the ensemble when in the wheeled bag, are what I expect appeals most to those who have chosen that solution for the types of gigs the unit is designed for.

Last edited by GmanJeff; 12-02-2012 at 08:00 AM.