View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8daypsalmist View Post
I also have a Compact 60 - where would I get the adaptor to mount it on a mic stand?
From AER. It came with my amp. There is a tapped hole in a small plate in the middle of the bottom of the amp that it screws in to.

I've been looking in to another way to put my amp on a stand because the mike stand method is pretty wobbly.
"Ultimate Support" makes a speaker mounting bracket sold by Planet DJ. It fits on the top of a 1 1/2" tubing speaker tripod. GC sells the tripods that extend to about 6 feet tall. I've ordered the mounting bracket, and plan to make a platform, either aluminum or wood to attach to the bracket and then my amp. I haven't decided exactly how till I see it all, but the mounting bracket has several mounting holes. I figure the only sturdy place on the amp is the original tapped piece of metal, because the rest of the amp is some other material that AER did not use to screw into. I also figure that the combination of screwing into the amp and having the amp rest on a platform should be more sturdy especially with a 1 1/2" tubing tripod. I picture it somewhat like a camera on a tripod screw mount.
Anyone with ideas too?

Last edited by FingerCraft; 09-23-2009 at 08:44 PM.