View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Looks nice Dru; but I haven't had the pleasure of playing one. As you know I'm dread lusting right now so I'm curious as to how this turns out for you. Get more time around that neck for sure!
Hey Noledog. I was driving 500km / 300mi and this store was 1/2 way and the only one I knew that had the new Legacy series in stock. The store was only 2 minutes off the highway and I only had 10 minutes but I'm glad I stopped in. Hopefully the local shops will get one in soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac66 View Post
I got a D-40r for Christmas. First new guitar and a real step up from my 1979 Yamaha FG335. It plays well and sounds really nice. Full, resonant, long sustain & rich. I also played the mahogany version when deciding. Liked both but liked the rosewood better. I also played an Eastman D08 and a Martin HD-16 that day. Liked the sound and playability of the Larrivee. After we bought it from a local shop at 20% off on Black Friday I was reeeealy good and left it unplayed in the case till my wife brought the be-bowed beauty out.
Fantastic!!! You should post a New Guitar Day thread. I can't wait to try the D-40r.

Just curious, when you run your fingers along the neck, do you feel sharp fret ends?