View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 11:40 AM

Default Quilter ToneBlock 201, Grace Design ALIX, Daedalus S-82 cab

Quilter ToneBlock 201 with Grace Design ALIX, Daedalus S-82 cab

Just thought I would post this.... I have been into the whole "amp" live sound for years....pickups, power amps, preamps, mic, etc.

I got a Quilter ToneBlock 201 power amp for my Daedalus S-82 a few years ago..I was using a Hafler power amp.... no need, the Quilter is nice and way lighter...

I got the Daedalus cab years ago, like late 1990's... too me the best acoustic cab out there... nothing comes close... even my electric sounds great.

The S-82 has 2 x 5's and 2 x 8's.... IMHO, I have heard no "acoustic" amp that comes close... including these Fishman "acoustic" amps, etc...they just sound nasally and small.

The Grace Design ALIX, is a huge key... can dial in tone, mid's ,etc. Better than LR Baggs Para DI, so far best preamp I have used.... was using on my Cordoba GK Pro... but sold that guitar... I now use an Aria Sinsonido... with a modified bridge with a Fishman UST pickup... no power... GD pre does it all...plays nice and sounds great... will get some audio samples soon, and perhaps a YT video...basically using the Aria as a "controller", since it plays so well, zero feedback.. Thinking of having a custom build, based of this headless Aria, wider neck, better wood, etc.