View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 06:05 PM

I bought my Cargo from Michael Stone too, and his tech did a great job of setting it up and installing a K&K pure mini with the volume control and phase switch. The saddle was custom made by the tech and the strings are the Dunlop Heavy Cores recommended by Michael at the time. I do not have the Zero Glide, but I do hear the difference in the recording.

I really like the Burst finish on the Savoy, but part of the enjoyment of a composite guitar is having the finish keep its looks with just minimal care. I am concerned that I would want to baby a Burst Savoy the way I baby my expensive wood guitars instead of the more care-free way I am with my Cargo (which is still in mint condition). I like maintaining the looks of my guitars, but the natural finish on the Savoy looks good and should be much easier to keep that way. I'm still up in the air on whether having the Burst would have been a better choice for me, because it looks so good, so definitely get it if you want it that badly.

I am curious as to what pickup system would be the best for the Savoy. The K&K (or JJB) has always been my default choice for most of my acoustic guitars, especially in the passive configuration, due to the simplicity, light weight, and dependability, but I do recognize that there are sometimes issues with sound quality and feedback. The Misi is a neat system, but it's still a UST with all the shortcomings of that type of pickup.