View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 06:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by min7b5 View Post

My whole Thirty Day Guitar Challenge series of videos is based on my opposite opinion. They are intended as essays, not instruction. My goal was to not have any new chords, scales, exercises, etc for anyone to learn, but to share some thinking about overall musicianship. They may or may not be what people are after, but for the record that’s what it’s about.

I have listened to all of Eric's 30 essays at least once and several 4x-5x. His tip in counting every other beat in "Groove" is now a habit in my practice/play. It made my music flow more. I need to take that tip to the next level as he suggests in this thread. I'm learning Mark Hanson's version of Windy and Warm right now focused only on the first section and employ Eric's tips on groove, tone, and playing it slowly and correctly. Very appreciative of what he did for the guitar community.

BTW, Portland sure seems to be the place to live if you are an acoustic guitar player with all the local talent around like Eric, Mark Hanson, Peghead Nation, etc.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)