View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 08:58 AM

Smile Need recommendations for a guitar! Anyone own a Takamine EG333C?

Hi everyone! I am trying to find an acoustic (not acoustic/electric) guitar for my adult daughter who is in the military. She has played some in the past, but is still considered advanced beginner. I want to get her a nice guitar, but dont have alot to spend, so looking for something very gently used for around $300 or less. I was looking at the Takamine EG333C. It is an acoustic/electric, whcih I didnt want as she does not play electric at all, so why waste the money on electronics, would rather have a little better quality guitar. I used to own a Takamine and loved it. But that was many years ago. Does anyone own this guitar or know anything about it? Any recoomendations on a good dreadnaught guitar for her? She likes alot of projection and a bright sound. Plays mostly country and christian songs. ALso, I would like recommendations on a dvd program that self-teaches guitar. She had an instructor but he was way to technical and advanced for what she is looking to do! Thanks a million!

Last edited by deerhoundmom; 06-29-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: no longer need info