View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 10:03 PM
Charter Member

I agree - I did a little selling on Reverb but the used prices there are wildly higher than GC used. I've bought several guitars from GC used online and very few on Reverb.

Its frustrating buying things because if you go on eBay you can do an advanced search of what things actually sold for (not the asking price) and you can clearly see what the market is bearing for items. But sellers always list their items way, crazy high so you have to wait until they get sick of it not selling and lower their prices.

For example, I am regretting selling my 000-15 and am mildly thinking of replacing it. The last six that actually sold used on eBay all sold for under $640 but all the used ones recently listed are starting at $950-$1450......soooo you have to just sit and wait and wait and wait until the seller drops their price and it finally sells (and objective evidence shows what they sell for)......people have really optimistic views on things they sell and I find Reverb to be the worst of those places.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240

Last edited by fazool; 01-02-2017 at 10:08 PM.