View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:54 PM

I own 30 old Yamaha Dynamics from the early `50s to the mid `60 when they went out of production...all solid wood and the least I`ve paid for some was $10.00...not a typo...and the most I paid was about $150.00. Recent info on Japanese sites point to Suzuki ot Tenryu as the builders since Yamaha did not have their own factory until the mid `60s...when the FGs were introduced and the Dynamics made their exit. Some guys over here string their with steels, I tried em but find they sound better with nylons, personal choice. These are still great deals since so many people overseas are focused on laminated red labels while the solid wood Dynamics get very little attention. I know they exist abroad since Yamaha did have the #15 which was an export model as were the #30, 50 and 70s. Thing with the Dynamics...ya gotta like at necks...they don`t have the flat wide necks seen on classicals...they are much fatter and rounder, I love em, as you may have deduced by how many I own, they fit my hands real nice.
If a picture is worth 1000 words, then I`ll let my pics speak...

they came in several models and colors...

listed as Ezo tops and maple backs and sides...all solid...

Last edited by sneaky; 03-29-2010 at 09:01 PM.