View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 02:29 PM

Default Still in search of optimal string for my Taylor 614ce

As I noted in previous threads/posts, I found changing to DR Sunbeam strings on my Martin D35 has breathed incredible life into it, I've not been so fortunate to find "THE" optimal strings for my Taylor 614ce.

So far I've tried a couple different gauges of Elixirs and frankly they are just ok for a premium string. Next I tried a set of the DR Sunbeams, which while incredible on my Martin didn't do a lot for me on the Taylor. Next I tried, as per a forum member's recommendation, the D'Addario Bluegrass strings. I think they're ok too, but the 13's on the low end make it a little harder on my (arthritic) hands for marginal gain in sound.

Does anyone else have any ideas of strings to change? I'm looking to get a bit closer to the Taylor 814ce sound, a bit rounder, warmer, with a tight bass and even balance... but without getting muddy. Thoughts?
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS