Thread: Acoustic Bass
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1 View Post
****, was off the forum for too long. That was a good lookin bass. Oddly enough, maybe its a Canadian thing, but I've never seen/played any Tacoma's of any kind. I gotta look into those. I see you have some and I've seen it in other sigs on this site, so it can't be that obscure.

Anybody else have an opinion on their acoustic basses? And (at the risk of detracting from my original question), how are their guitars?
$550 for a Tacoma is a very good price. I sold mine for considerably more. It was the best AGB I have ever owned or played. If you have read my others comments, then you know that that is faint praise, but it is praise, nonetheless. If I needed an AGB for an MTV Unplugged performance, I would go with the Tacoma Thunderchief.

They come up on Ebay semi-regularly; if you keep an eye out you should be able to snag one. You might want to make sure it is a pre-Fender buyout Tacoma. The build quality supposedly suffered after the buyout. I have not A/B pre and post buyout ABGs so I cannot confirm this.

I played one of their acoustic guitars (6 string) about a month ago. I thought it was a nice enough guitar, but nothing special, good fit and finish, OK acoustic tone; I didn't plug it in.