View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeshack View Post
Let me know what you think --- I was thinking maybe just a single SUB --- 12 or 15" ..... but I'm not sure if this would be a waste & hope for some advice! Thanks again.
Subs don't make sense for your application. Most powered speakers on the market will easily render the lowest note your guitar can play, as well as the lowest note you can sing. Subs are for that club sound ... pounding bass and drums and such.

You don't have to spend a lot on speakers, either. A pair of Mackie TH-12A would do you fine, as would a pair of Behringer 212D (I have the 212A and they have performed well). Spend more if you care to, but your audience won't hear or appreciate the extra money you spent. The only issue with these cheaper speakers is that customer service might be dicey, or none existent. But at 1/3 the cost of other speakers, they're still a great value. As a precaution I usually "burn in" my speakers for 24 hours when I get 'em, just like I do with a new computer. Electronic components usually fail in the first few hours of operation, if they make the 24 hour burn they'll likely go a long, long time.