View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northward View Post
I have little experience with mixers, as I'm sure some of you more experienced users have gathered. Still, the old: buy cheap - buy twice is something I find to be so true. Unless you get a super deal it allways applies. And a good preamp costs..

Mixing in the box is something I will do. Especially for finishing stuff. But I have this idea that a small quality mixer will really help me with getting recording, and do it more often and with less hassle. Maybe I'm beeing naive. Staring at a computer screen is something I'd like to leave for finishing demos (or gather tracks to be sent to a pro. mixer)

The internet (google) has become such a impenetrable advertising machine. The word "review" has lost it's meaning. I doubt all professionals recommendations (fake news). Only demanding users that spend their hard earned money on gear can be trusted.
Are you planning on recording onto a computer? If so, you will have your DAW up and running on the screen anyway so I don't quite understand what the benefit will be to have a hands-on analog mixer during recording (you basically just need to set the gain for your preamps and the level for your line level inputs and that can be done with basically any audio interface.

2012 Carruth 12-fret 000 in Pernambuco and Adi
2010 Poling Sierra in Cuban Mahogany and Lutz
2015 Posch 13-fret 00 in Indian Rosewood and Adi