View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 05:18 PM

Default Calling Onsong DMX, midi users.

Howdy,
I would like to use my Onsong to run my DMX lights and trigger my beat buddy. (BB set so when I select a song the correct set up on the BB auto loads.)

I just ordered the Airturn Duo pedal so that will be occupy the Bluetooth. I don't know if can run midi over Bluetooth at the same time.

Normally it seems the way for DMX is through a wifi router then a DMX gateway and then onto the lights. What I'm wondering though is if there is an all in one piece of kit.

I'd love a DMX box that received the wifi signal from the iPad directly and then sent a wireless DMX command out to the lights. But I can't find DMX transceiver that can receive the command directly from the iPad without an additional router plugged into.

My next question is could I just run USB to DMX cable with a transceiver on the end? Is it that easy?

Is there a better way?

I saw a Chauvet USB to DMX DFi but I don't know if it can just plug that into the iPad with camera kit and use DFi transceiver at the lights?

I've been looking at this stuff for a number of days now and I can't seem to find a real compact easy set up solution.

Otherwise I'm going to have pedal on Bluetooth, wifi network and router DMX gateway for lights and then the camera kit cables and adapters for midi. I'm trying to make things easier not harder.

I've reached out to Onsong but they only directed me to the tutorials etc I've already looked at. None deal with midi DMX and pedals all being used at the same time.