View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Well, all I can say is it would really suck to not be at least as good of a guitarist as Ben ha! (in my dreams)

Fact is, I love his style of playing and I think that Da's old Sitka is amazing over just about any wood he uses it with. I really think, as I've said and we all agree, it's partially the wood, but mostly the woodworker that makes this all come together. Put great wood in the hands of a great woodworker and you get tone like this. Put average wood in the hands of a great woodworker and you STILL get pretty darned good results.

Tom, I'm excited for you and your choices. This should be an amazing guitar visually and I think that amazing tone is a "given".
Ben seems so nice, he can take your guitar and play the hell out of it, and hand it to you and you wouldn't feel intimidated. I think everyone loves the stories behind the woods used. I wish my dad had a Sitka stash in our old basement! Though I did build one guitar top out of a Douglas fir stair tread he had downstairs. Made that last step a doozy! (just kidding about that last step...)