View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
In general that is true, but I've found quite a few older Gibsons that did nothing for me (and I love Gibsons) - they sound rubber-like instead of woody (just like some of the newer ones). As is typical with Gibson, nothing is guaranteed, except perhaps that they consistently do a great sunburst. It all comes down to the individual guitar and our individual preferences. The example you shared is lacking that real dry, woody articulation in the low end for my preferences, but I'm sure others dig it.

As zumaboy says "I've played a lot of J-45s, and it just depends..." — took the words right out of my mouth.
its almost like you say what i'm thinking, i absolutely understand the term rubber like instead of woody, in fact, i also call it rubber like..
its such a shame that i'm forced to get mine "blind" from the web, because i don't have access to more then just one j-45 standard here.
i wish i had your privileges to try the TV and even a variety of TV's and standards that i could choose from.. i surly am concerned about getting this guitar from the net..