Thread: CGCGGC Tuning
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Reid View Post
Seems like a strange tuning; no third in the open chord. Are you sure it's not CGCGCE? All altered strings tune down except the 2nd, which tunes up to C. Use standard gauge or the lower strings may buzz. I like the tuning, and keep a 12-string in it.
I couldn't comment but I've seen the same song tabbed a few times using that tuning and it sounds pretty good.

I don't think the intro would work (and it sounds right) with an E... try for yourself. Here's him playing, it's a lovely tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw99fWK_q9k

I down-tuned everything, since I don't have a surplus of guitars I had to use the existing strings. It's pretty OK but the low E down all the way to C is a bit loose. Using another D-string might be easiest for that one string but I'm not really bothered enough to start hot-swapping strings!

Quote:
Also have a chord chart for it that I created back in the '60s (nothing fancy); you're welcome to a copy.
That would be cool to have a look at if you're offering. I reckon they won't have aged too much