View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi outatune...

There is an app called iReal Pro (iOS and/or Android) which has an online library (free) of thousands of songs which have been submitted by users. They can be searched and loaded into the app (from within the app) and have chord progressions in several formats.

iReal Pro - CliCk

And you have full control over most aspects of the song once it's loaded (which takes seconds).

It features not only charts and free accessible library of songs, but a Band In A Box style instrument playback which turns the phone/tablet into the play back device, and lets your plug into a sound system/amp/PA.

It's actually the best of it's kind of this type of product I've seen for smart devices, since you can buy a companion app from the App store for your desktop (if you use Mac), and custom build your own charts and load them into the phone/pad. It's as good as Band In a Box at a fraction of the price.

All it requires is a smart phone or tablet, and is a wonderful assistant, and background playing app. You can build play lists for live play. You can change keys in seconds (it transposes the charts). You can mix or eliminate instruments for playback.

You can choose and configure instruments and change styles of play (and purchase more instrument sets and styles of play).

Even with all the in app purchases you can think of, it's a reasonably priced package. It starts at $12.99 and then there are additional style packs.

This is what the screen looks like of a chart…

Hope this sends you in a positive direction.

This product looks fantastic Larry I think I will definitely use this, just trying to work out how best to integrate this into my situation. The tutorial looks great and comprehensive.

You know after 3 years I'm starting to get this and want to spend more and more time learning. I am about to lose my job with a substantial payout and will have a lot more time to improve my skills now I'm semi retired.

Quick question though please Larry if I may about keys. Currently learning E G A and want to probably pick 2 more then focus on them in different modes and styles of course. Preferably Blues and some Jazz having fun with Summertime in Am. Whilst I understand there is 12 keys I'm not sure my brain will absorb that amount of info which is why I would prefer narrowing it down a bit.

So what other 2 keys would you recommend please.

Cheers

2023 Eastman AC422CE-ae

Katoh DF69s