View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 07:39 PM

I more than good by any practical measure, need to sell a few electrics and a couple of amps. Would I use the funds to buy anything?

I'm somewhat tempted by a modern Jaguar. I have the inexpensive Squier version and play it fairly often. Love the trem and the short scale, like the controls (including the "rhythm circuit"), but I'm not a huge fan of the original vintage bridge and would really like a wider nut spacing.

I could go with a custom neck and replace the bridge and maybe upgrade the pickups, but by that's a fair amount of cost/bother.

Alas, the new Jaguar in the Fender Professional line dispenses with the rhythm circuit--which is something I could live without--but it's pricey enough for me that I'm not tempted if it's not my ideal.

If I started playing out more on electric bass I'd probably want to upgrade my old Peavey combo amp to something lighter with more power.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....