View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 11:40 AM

Yeah, I really prefer running my voice and guitar through the Play Acoustic when possible. There are some shows where stage space is limited and I am playing acoustic, bass, bodhran, mandolin, djembe, and singing... in those shows I just run my guitar direct to the mixer or through my PADI to the mixer. I prefer the sound through my Play Acoustic, but don't really have the room for it on stage with everything else I'm shuffling around. But if I am primarily playing my acoustic and singing, like when I'm leading at my church or performing somewhere with my band, I almost always run through the Play Acoustic. I love what the adaptive tone and touch of reverb adds to my voice, as well as the BodyRez and reverb with my acoustic (not to mention the tuner, DI out, etc...).

That being said, sometimes I want the interaction of my guitar with an amp on stage. For those sets I bring my SWR California Blonde, run straight in to it, and go to the board from the XLR out of the back. I don't know what it is, but there is some kind of synergy that happens in that set up that is different than running the Play Acoustic and monitor. It all depends on the set, the other musicians, stage setup and overall vibe I'm going for that day I suppose.
Takamine Santa Fe
Simon and Patrick Songsmith Parlor
Simon and Patrick Showcase rosewood (with LR Baggs Anthem SL)
Ovation Celebrity Limited Edition CP2001