View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsstrider View Post
1. Should I place the Bose on the ground and use the tower or raise up on a table. I am afraid the base will get lost at floor level. I don't have access to a raised platform.
No, leave it on the floor. You might even get some coupling with the "stage" that would accentuate the bass. Really, you'd be better off to run the bass through a small bass combo amp.

Quote:
2. Which mic?. I am thinking the E835 might be best.the Shure could be too Hot?
Try them both.

Quote:
3. Should I eliminate all the pedals and just go straight to the mixer?
Yes

Quote:
4. Should I provide a stool for those that like to play seated?
5. Anything else?
Yes, supply a stool or seat of some sort. You should also expect to handle duos (and maybe trios) on vocals. See how it goes and who shows up.

ASCAP, BMI, SESAC ... these performance rights are the responsibility of the venue. I'd not worry about it unless they come after the venue, in which case the owner either pays up or shuts down the music.

Performers who need a preamp/DI (most will not) should bring their own. That's how it works around here, except at those "open jam" things where an entire band plays and brings the entire kit.

Remember, it's an open mic. Keep it simple. It doesn't have to be studio quality ... and in my experience, never is.