View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
I am approaching it kind of like an acoustic-guitar player, producing the sound naturally from adjusting the overdrive and saturation with the volume/gain knobs...Very organic, like a acoustic.

I'm sure if you're gigging you need that push button digital repeatability. But playing with tubes is new and fun to me...
Once you really learn your way around your amp, repeatability won't be a problem - if you're using the same instrument all you should need is minor adjustments to compensate for room size/acoustics; BTW until the early/mid-70's that's the way it was done - just amp/guitar controls dialed in to achieve your signature sound - and if you're most comfortable going that route you'll be in some very good company...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutch View Post
...I picked up a Line 6 Helix a couple months ago...My Fender Hot Rod Deluxe has been in the corner collecting dust since the Helix came home...
Feel free to send it to me; I'll give it a good home - and a couple easy DIY mods I have in mind, that'll turn it into a latter-day Ampeg VT-22 for those '70s Keef tones...