View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 09:44 AM

I've dealt with Taylor's customer service a couple of times on my own and a couple of times through a reputable dealer, and each time they were responsive and quick.

As for cases: I have and have had several plywood cases, and in all but one it seemed that the guitar's treble tuners came a bit too close to the side. although it may be that some have a neck support that's a little off center, I think the problem is a combination of gravity and a neck support sits down near the body. The one exception among my cases is the one that came with my 000-15 (made by TKL, I think). It has two neck supports, one near the body and the other near the headstock, and I think that makes the difference.

Of course, if you measure the neck support and it's off center, the case should be replaced. The same goes for a case that doesn't close properly, has crooked hinges, or latches that don't work properly. I had one of the first of the black Chinese cases, and while the lid fit was close enough for jazz, it bothered me. So did the latches, one of which opened too easily and another of which almost required pliers to open. When I brought my 355 to Taylor for a finish repair, I told the rep about the case and he agreed that it wasn't right. When I picked up the guitar, he brought out another case that fit and worked perfectly, and made the swap without a second thought.