View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 04:23 PM

Unhappy Newer Taylor Cases bad?

When I purchased my 2006 914ce Limited, I was happy as a clam, until I put it back into its case to take it home. The fit and alignment of the newer cases that Taylor uses are horrible! When someone spends upwards of $4,000 for a one of a kind guitar, who on earth would you expect a case that does not fit the guitar right? We tried three other cases for X14 bodies to see if I would be happier with another case, and to my shock, every one of them did not close aligned, all seated the neck off center, or had latches that had to bend to close.

Of all the other Taylors I own, the cases have been wonderful, even after some of them have been used for years almost daily. Did something happen with the guy who used to assemble cases? Did they farm out the case building to some other place? What happened? Are Taylor Quality cases no longer quality cases?

Anyway, I will have to get a decent flight case for this guitar for proper protection with trips everywhere anyway. It just really bums me out, because I even loved Taylor's cases up until this one!

What happened???
Taylor Big Baby I-Beam
Taylor T-5 Custom Maple