View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregg48 View Post
Sounds like a good guitar to me, similar to the sound that Andy Powers is getting in his new Taylors.
Thanks.... I think the recent Taylor “v-class bracing” videos demoing playing a guitar in the upper registers of the fingerboard like John is doing in this video stating try that on another guitar was frankly a bit over the top. It is true that many guitars can sound “plinky” when played there, but a good luthier made instrument like this can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Sounds great Bob! Could you expound on what affect you think the carve back is playing as apposed to a regular back??? I ask as I guess I did not expect such a wonderful sound, not sure what I was expecting, but that just sounds like an amazing luthier built guitar!
Thanks.... Let me wait to answer regarding this guitar once it arrives Tom. But remember, I also have a nylon string from John and another carved back steel string from Bruce, so I had every confidence that I would like the end result. John has been building guitars for nearly 40-years Tom. While archtops have been his primary focus for the last 25-years, John has made many steel string flat tops and nylon string guitars as well.