View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

The Apollo has worked out well for me but my circumstances may have made it a better pick for me than it would be for someone else. I had been using a Digi 003. When I decided to upgrade from that, the Apollo made sense because I was fairly well invested in UAD plugins and I knew my computer (2008 Mac Pro) was on life support and would need to be replaced in the not too distant future. I had UAD pcie cards in the Mac to power the UAD plugins but I knew that the next computer probably wouldn't have pcie slots so the Apollo made sense.

That issue aside, it's worked well for me so far. I bought the Firewire version and then when I bought my new computer I bought the Thunderbolt card for the Apollo. I also picked up a UAD Octo Satellite which you can see in the picture tucked behind the flashlight on the shelf. Between the quad in the Apollo and the Octo, I've got enough dsp for what I do. I'm pretty happy with my overall setup right now as far as gear goes.

As for sound quality, it's a step up from the 003 for sure. I don't have any experience with other interfaces so that's about all I can really say about it.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube