View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 12:05 AM

Default Fender/Squier SA-100 vs. Epiphone DR-100

What do you recommend out of these two: the Fender/Squier SA-100; or the Epiphone DR-100?

My Rogue 090 I bought for $50 is about to die. It served it's purpose by getting me to stick with the guitar, but it's time to move on.

My local music shop doesn't sell either brand, so I've had to resort to Youtube review to listen to both guitars. And honestly, I like the sound of both guitars.

I know both the Squier and Epiphone is lower-end, but I don't feel my skill level is to the point yet where I can justify spending anything over $150. Which explains my interest in the guitars.

I did consider smaller guitars to help with my freakishly small hands, but I really like the sound of a dreadnought. And I've found that tuning the guitar down a couple of notches and putting a capo on the 2nd fret really helps with the reaches. It probably looks strange, but it works.

So back to my question: the Squier? Or the Epiphone?

(I'm willing to listen to other suggestions outside the two mentioned, but until my skill level improves, I'm not spending anything more then $150. I'd rather spend the money on instructional books and DVDs. And booze. )