View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendra View Post
... I was very anxious doing this coz a couple of years ago I end up throwing away my Squire Strat just because of attempting to adjust the truss rod. Apparently over the course of time I have somehow snapped the strat truss rod by over tightening it. But that’s fine with me now coz I no longer play electric.
With a bolt on neck like the Squire Strat you could have easily removed the neck and either had the truss rod replaced or bought a new neck. Keep that in mind for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendra View Post
I did it one at a time and maxed out the screw. Will I be getting into trouble with the neck because of this??? Iit’s been 5 days since I adjust the truss rod, so far everything seems to be fine. Oh God I Pray…..
The bow in the neck is caused by string tension. The strings pulling "up" on the neck. You can lower the tension by either loosening the strings or using a lighter gauge string. The truss rod counter acts the tension caused by the string tension. If the truss rod is "healthy" and not cracked or fatigued or tearing into the wood or bending the washer, it should be okay. Keep an eye on the relief to see if it is increasing or decreasing, as well as, the bridge to see if it is lifting away from the top or if the top itself is lifting or bulging upward.

Go back to frets.com and read everything about neck relief, neck angle, saddle height etc to get a better understanding of how these elements interact to affect playability and a healthy guitar.

Good luck.......