View Single Post
Old 09-26-2023, 02:34 PM

Default Eastman E10OO vs E20OO, Perhaps E40OO

I've narrowed my search to the Eastman E10OO and the E20OO.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find them in a guitar shop near me to try either of them out, and was hoping the the fine folk here could help me with as I make my decision. I play mostly fingerstyle but not particularly blues stuff. I am planning on getting an all-mahogany guitar in the future, and would love if the Eastman could be a good complement to it in my arsenal.

In addition to the different S/B woods and a little more aesthetic details on the E20OO, I noticed a post for the E10OO at LA Guitar Sales has a "20 year Old Adirondack Spruce" top. I'm not sure if that top would make much of a difference, and whether I should be taking that into consideration.

Bonus question: I also saw the E40OO that Silly Mustache talked about. It's much more outside my budget, but I'm willing to figure it out if it is really worth it. I've read that more "premium" guitars also get more "premium" woods. Beside the added bling, would there be much of a difference between the E20 and the E40 in terms of sound?

Last edited by mrbeans26; 09-26-2023 at 02:35 PM. Reason: adding to post