View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:12 PM

Sorry for the delay. I looked at my red label FG-110. It has a serial number of 644042 or 644942 (6 digits).

I used a mirror to look inside but found no marks, signatures or 'hanko'. To be honest i was a little surprised to see the 'hanko' on the brace of your FG-75. Because one puts the 'honko' on the label and not on the wood. This is because a 'hanko' on the wood might bleed and make it hard to read (remember a handmade hanko needs to show distinctive marks for authentication). If i had to guess someone put that 'hanko' after they purchased it so they could identify this guitar.

As to the 'mark' on your FG-110, that does not look like a signature to me. That 'mark' does not look like any Japanese hiragana, katakana, romaji or kanji. It sort of looks like a 'T' but it is not good. All Japanese are taught English (6 yrs - Junior Hi to High School) so anyone would have known how to make a proper 'T'. It vaguely looks like the Japanese character for 'person' (hitoh) but again it does not look correct (angle and lengths). If i had to guess someone spilled something but what do i know. I suppose someone who is not Japanese made the 'mark' but again the 'mark' does not make any sense.

Sorry i could not be more of a help.

Ken

Last edited by Masao; 12-06-2011 at 10:20 PM.