View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
I own several expensive Fenders, but I also have a couple of Bullets and Epiphones. I don't think that there is anything wrong with the cheaper guitars, in fact, I play them more often than the "good" ones. It all comes down to what you like, and if it sounds and feels good to you, that's all you have to worry about. On the other hand, a crummy amp can ruin the sound of any guitar. I would suggest putting your cash into a quality tube amp.

Modeling amps of today are leaps and bounds from the modeling amps from 15-20 years ago. Not everyone can get a "quality" tube amp and much less have the place to crank it up to get the right tone out of it.

His Spider III amp is not bad, a bit outdated and not as good as the newer versions, but still nothing terrible. And at 15 watts solid state power, it's just about perfect for practicing.

OP: the bullet is absolutely fine to learn on. Yes they don't have the greatest hardware or electronics, but they do play well, and playability is what's important when you're learning. I have a heavily modified Squier II from the late 80's, this guitar is so crappy, that the body is actually made out of plywood. But it has a fantastic neck, That's why she was my main gigging guitar.