View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtheaxe View Post
The vintage Gretsch amps were made by Valco...Chicago. Same company that made Supro, Airline, couple other well-regarded vintage tube amps. They were relatively inexpensive back then compared to the big-name companies.

The other one...I got nothing...
I guess I could be more specific but the question I have concerns the date codes in my SK. They were only sold in '62 and then dropped as they cost nearly $4000 by today's value. Mine has all date codes including the serial number dating it to 1959. I bought it a few months back off eBay with the story that it was owned by Eddie Cochran..... But no proof. The only other SK's I've found are two in the UK which both have date codes of 1961 so I'm wondering if I have a prototype and if so.... Does that make the EC story a bit more plausible? So I'm looking for folks who might actually own one so I can continue gathering date code info.
I'm going to a Gretsch gathering this weekend that will include Joe Carducci from Gretsch. Hopefully he can help but I'm asking everywhere possible trying to put this together.