View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 07:30 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyboi View Post
Im trying to learn to do an F bar chord and think its impossible with my fingers. When I watch videos of people playing this chord they always seem to have long slender fingers. Is this chord only possible with long fingers? Im following a tutorial where he first says to try barring the 1st and second string with the first finger, which I can do.
Then he says add the 2nd finger to the 2nd fret, 3rd string, which I can only sometimes do.
Next step is to try adding the 3rd finger but I find then my 2nd and 3rd fingers mute the strings below therm because they are not long enough to curve over the top and have to sit like on a 45 degree angle so mute the strings below them.

Is this chord really a long fingered person thing? Because at the moment Im about to give up Im so frustrated.
Excellent advice so far. Keep with it, The F chord is hard to play for everyone starting out. I know that I have pretty long fingers. But I do a quick lesson on playing guitar with "short" fingers. You can check it out here: