View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

Welcome aboard, Texrider. My experience is with the X20, I have not seen a Roadtrip in person. The X20 is not a small guitar, but has been designed for sound, comfort, and playability. From the specs, it is similar in depth to the RT, but a little wider at the lower bout. 25.5" scale on the X20 vs 24.5 on the RT. Both are 1.75" nut width. Overall length is 40" on the X20 vs 36" on the RT, which may be in the neck and headstock difference.

As you noted, the RoadTrip is pretty new, so not a lot of them out there - plenty of info on the X20 on this sub-forum. I find the X20 to be very comfortable to play, great tone/sound. What I've read about the RT is that is does add more volume and bass compared to the original OF660, which makes sense, since it is larger.

As a thoroughly satisfied Emerald owner (X20 and X7), I have been delighted with these guitars and the customer service. Comfort-wise, these are the most ergonomically designed, comfortable guitars I own; makes you want to pick 'em up and play more. I know there are some Journey owners here, so maybe they can give you some insight.

Good luck with the decisions.

Jim