View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 06:16 AM

Default Build Thread NorlundGuitars OM Flamed Walnut / Mahogany

Hello!
Since im quite new to this forum I thought Ill introduce myself.
My name is Henrik im a 20yr old aspiring luthier, that lives in the nort of sweden (Skelleftea).
I have been building guitars for about 1,5 years now, and my goal is to be able to be able to do this as a full time profession.

This guitar it going straight to a client. Who wanted a OM size, walnut back and sides, soft sounding steelstring.
If you have any questions about my building, please ask! Im more than happy to share the little knowledge i acquired.

So hope you enjoy watching this project come together!

Bending the sides

Last guitar sides I bent was ebony, so bending these was a real joy! Since I havent bought a heatblanket I use these formes. They are basicly a mdf oven with a metal top. That I heat up with a heatgun. Works like a charm!

Joined and kerfed sides

----->Fast forward a few steps----->

Joining and bracing the back

Im currently trying out the floating back brace, on a couple of bodies I got in the making. The idea makes sense. And from what the taptone on the bodies tell you. It seems to be working just great!

Inlaying the back

Have been trying out some crazier designs lately, but sometimes letting the wood shine, is the way to go. The backstrip is a strip of ziricote. Will use bindings from the same piece of wood, for this guitar.

Stay tuned for future updates!

Last edited by NorlundGuitars; 12-07-2017 at 07:19 AM.