View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 01:10 PM

Put this on another post but I guess not on this one…

I have a Credit at a store that I’d like to use on this. If I didn’t I probably look for vintage model. I have a Barberra pick up I’m going to put in. It’s a very sizable credit… ( ok... i’m sure people are going to be wondering, it’s $1500 ) I have choices of Martin, which I have two custom shop already and like them very muc. I realize Martin isn’t known for building the greatest classical guitars, but I’m not looking for a Classical. More of a folk or crossover. For my purposes I’m pretty confident that it would be fine. Also I could get a Taylor but I don’t like the lower bout size for what I wanted for. It’s big and I’m looking for and easy on the fingers nighttime couch guitar. Could get A Collins or a Kopp But I don’t think they make nylons. Cordova or Yamaha which I can’t get what I want from. Takamine tc135 would work but they don’t carry them .

Unfortunately a lot of the ones that people recommend aren’t available to me if I want to use the credit. My biggest problem with Martin is trying to figure out how to order, and there’s always a matter of price. It almost seems like theyre wanting to punish me to order nylon. I had always heard that the 0-ny models sounded great if you ordered a nylon and that they had built a couple in Rosewood. I’m sure they’ve got this all figured out there’s no way I can win, but there’s a lot on the N20 model I want. Like I said, comes with Sloan, right size nut, I could get my MOD-V which I have thought another question shop Martin and I like. If I got it in mahogany would come with black binding which looks kind of nice if I got mahogany and not that much more if I jumped to Rosewood. Don’t disslike the sound of mahogany. 25.4 scale Then I could pay the upgrade to have it made in a 0 size or maybe even a New York if it’s not too planets away from what the original model is. Kind of thinking that changing the size is about 200 bucks but I could be wrong. Thought making this change would give me what I want. I’m afraid if I got a flat fretboard I’d always have trouble playing a barred F chord.