View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 08:33 PM

Default Old Regal size 0 Parlor

So I have been chewing this over in my head ever since buying this little Cowboy Regal for $28! An antique store had it incased in a plexiglass and wood framed box and when I saw it, I thought, wonder if it can be made playable again, and what would it sound like? Well the other day I sent some pictures and a description to Steve at VintageParlorGuitars, he said they do sound incredible once repaired. So today I tuned the strings up to a lower pitch, just to hear what it might sound like, at risk of further damaging the guitar,(which I didn't do, LUCKILY). This thing has some serious depth of tone for such a small box! Steve is going to make it an X braced guitar instead of the basic ladder bracing it has now. There are no cracks but a bit of seam separation here and there. It will get a neck reset, new fingerboard and frets, new bone nut and saddle and also new bridge. This was like the old "Jerry the Yodeler" model guitar.

What am I keeping you say?? The top will stay, with all of its cool cowboy screening, also the Regal decal on the headstock is staying. Not going to touch up the dings or scratches here and there, I want it to look like it did when it was used and loved. It will just be more updated now and more stable overall.
Pics as it sits now! You can tell this thing was played a lot.

The tuners are not original, I will discuss this with Steve when the time comes.

I already removed the tape residue you see in this pic. Also BIG, FAT neck but very comfy!

The top has some sinking to it but should flatten out.