Thread: Mojo needed
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 09:25 AM

Default Shipping

What I often do for shipping large packages is write the address info on the box, so that creating shipping labels is read right off the box and the label can be readily matched when applying. The other issue is a backup if the shipping label gets damaged. I’m always sending sample parts for work all over the world so I’ve learned a few tricks to avoid problems.

When doing the custom packaging at USPS/UPS do as much as you can on your own. I once spent two hours at one of those stores repackaging a bicycle to avoid using multiple cartons. Then make sure everything’s labeled correctly. The lady I worked with was outstanding, got it to Alaska from Michigan with no issue, everything was labeled properly before I left.

At home I kept getting other people’s mail on a constant basis when my wife and I first moved here. Then one day I noticed the mail was being delivered by temp/contract employees using their own vehicles driving on the opposite side of the road. I put my address on both sides of the mailbox and the problem stopped. Never got someone else’s guitar though