View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
IME you could do more than just small venues (which I've done) with a V22: granted that I upgraded my first-edition "blue-light" version with Soviet-era military-surplus tubes and an Eminence Swamp Thang speaker (super-efficient @ 102dB), but it'll handle a 600-700 seat house clean as you need or dirty as you want. As far as price is concerned, they've always been a bargain: I scored mine in 2010 for $300 @ GC (got about $500 total invested in amp and upgrades), picked up the baby-brother V5 combo for $139 (also @ GC), and scored the T5 and T50 "cage" heads for 20% off during recent holiday sales @ Sweetwater - and if you're in need of a compact setup for coffeehouse/small-restaurant/cocktail-hour gigs and home practice (and have a compact extension cab lying around) that T5 it a real little tone monster, with headroom far beyond its modest 5W rating...
As much as I jumped on the Mustang GTX100 band wagon I'm waiting for a deal on the Bugera's..I'd buy the V5 and T5-50 when they hit a Fathers day sale or something

My Toys:
Taylor AD17e (Ovangkol)
Guild "Bob Marley"
Epiphone ES339Pro P90 Limited
Fender Affinity Strat Custom W/P90's