View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 02:05 PM

Exclamation

Here is the story on Blueberry Guitars. The company is owned by Danny Fonfeder. He was on business in Bali and ended up staying longer than he originally thought. Being an avid guitarist and missing one while he was away he decided to go shopping. He bought a guitar, but while he was shopping he noticed the quality of work that was around from Balinese wood carvers. As it turned out the guitar he bought was quite disappointing. He asked who the best wood carver was in Bali and he was directed to Wayan Tuges. Wayan made Danny a guitar which looked great but acoustically it just wasn't there. Upon Dannys return to Canada he contacted George Morris of the Vermont school of luthery. George spent many months in Bali with Wayan and Danny and the three formed a partnership. They built a shop in Bali, which they own, so the guitars are not sub contracted out, and they now employ about 47 people full time. The employees are well looked after and well treated. The shop is completely climate controlled. They build roughly 25-30 guitars a month. These guitars are all hand built and hand carved. They are truly outstanding in terms of their visual quality, but more importantly their tonal quality. I have a spruce/mahogany model which is just mind blowing. People who have played it have all said that they have never heard a more beautiful sounding guitar. I have owned Martin HD 28's x 2, Guild F50R, Blueridge Br183, 2 Avalons and I can honestly say that I am astounded by the two guitars I have. With a production of lets say 400 guitars a year for all of North America I can safely say that as the word gets out, you will have a hard time getting one at the price they are currently being offered at. Well worth looking at!!!