View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post
I've got a Friedman DS40, RedPlate Phoenix and a Splawn Street Rod and owned a Bad Cat Hot Cat 30R. For me the Friedman is probably going to be my permanent amp due to its responsiveness to guitar volume level and the chimy clean sounds you can get at the same time as being able to roll up the volume and go to extremely fat rock tones, without ever touching the amp.

It's turning out to be far less Marshall-ish than expected but I am really liking this amp. All the other amps I have, including my Marshalls and a Budda SD18 are really great amps, but there are such a wide range of preferences out there that no one amp can be for everyone.

I tried a couple of other Friedmans including the Smallbox, PT 20 and Runt 20 and the Smallbox made it hard for me to decide, but the extra low mid thickness of the DS40 really won me over.
You've got some great amps. Everything I read mentioned that the DS, Smallbox, and PT are better than the Runt amps but also much more costly. The Runt 20 at $1300 US ($1700 CAD) is probably more than I'll spend. Hoping I'll have a chance to A/B it against the new Marshall DSL.

What guitar(s) are you playing through the Friedman? How about the cab?