View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 08:01 AM

My first CF guitar was a 2009 RT Cargo from Dream Guitars, which is nearby my hometown. (When I went to check it out, Al Petteway was there!) I had been using my Larrivee Parlour with my work year round with kids and at summer camp in the oh so humid Blue Ridge Mountains. The humidity and temperature extremes were worrisome,, plus I wanted to be able to leave the guitar in the car sometimes. I saw a review of the Cargo in AG magazine and it sounded perfect for my needs. I played it and loved it. The one available didn't have electronics, I ended up shipping it to Marty at the Podium for an excellent setup and installation of a K&K Mini which I had in my wooden guitars. Never too happy with that pickup in the Cargo, but otherwise loved the tone and feel and worry free nature of the guitar. I still have it, but it has taken a back seat to a SFT Rainsong Shorty I bought used last year from a Forum Member. The Shorty is 'the one' for me, I really could happily get down to one guitar. I also had bought a now extinct Amber Emerald T8 from MacNichol, mostly for the electronics compared to the Cargo, it now also almost never gets played.