View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 12:04 PM

I'll get you some pictures in the next day or two, but it is the same R Taylor that was on the Figtree Music web site, which were being circulated in another thread . It is serial no. 47. As you would expect the workmanship is impeccable. As someone pointed out in the R Taylor thread the headstock joint is so tight that you can barely see it, even up close. The rosewood binding and the abolone rosette are absolutely beautiful.

It is hard to describe the sound that comes out of this guitar. Each string rings for an unbelievable time when plucked - just monster sustain. I have a cocobolo/sitka 810, which until the R Taylor came along, was my favorite guitar. The R Taylor is noticably louder and richer sounding than the 810 (however, I still love my 810).

I was going to buy a GS and then I heard Taylor was going to be producing "handmade" GSs and selling them under the R Taylor name. So I sold a bunch of stuff and took the leap because I love the Cocobolo/Adirondack combination and believed it would be a long time before I found a GS in that configuration, if ever.

Yes, it costs alot. Is it worth it? I can't answer that question. Point is, I couldn't have gotten a cocobolo/adirondack GS any other way, and I doubt Taylor will even offer this combination on the GS as a limited any time soon, if at all. As one person so aptly put it: "expensive is in the wallet of the beholder." I can tell you though - this is one hell of a guitar, which will hold its value over the long run.

Dave.