View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Charter Member

I bought a used set of Mackie SRM450's last summer and used them on one gig, outdoor on the hottest day of the year. They were set up in driect sunlight all afternoon and ran fine. I ended up trading them back into the store for a brand new pair because the used ones were cosmetically beat, and one of the stand mounts was cracked. I've used the new ones on one gig (indoors) and they worked fine. I've got a gig this Saturday and the Mackies will get some much needed excercise (I guess I will too!).
We mainly run vocal mics and acoustic guitars through the PA. Electric guitars, bass, and keyboards go through combo amps.

Has anyone checked out the new line of active speakers from QSC? I've heard some pro-sound people rave about them. They are a bit more than the Mackies and also a bit heavier (the cabinets are made of wood).

I'm considering buying a set of Mackie SRM350's to use as monitors. I own an old set of Klipsch stage monitors. They are in very heavy road cabs and require a power amp.

I'd rather spend my money on guitars.