View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
What exactly are you trying to achieve? You used the phrase "gain in sound"

Are you looking for more volume? More bass? More treble? More mids? More sustain? More clarity?
"Gain in sound"= Improvement to what I expect to hear. Forgive me for the lack of clarity.

What I'm listening for is, metaphorically, I'll know it when I hear it. I'm still blown away at how different my Martin sounds with the DR Sunbeams.

There is a fullness that an 814ce gives, but I want just a little less dark and round which is why I went for the 614 instead. Perhaps I'll never quite get there. Perhaps the new sound of my Martin is jading my hearing, expecting more of the 614 when it's giving as much as it's got. I dunno. But there could be a set of strings out there there that will milk that last nuance of sound out of it.

Anyone playing Rotosound strings? I tried a set on my Martin over a year ago, and that combination just didn't work, though I know there are Rotosound devotees out there.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS