View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bausin View Post
>> I would appreciate any comment on the method I used to arrive at the two radiuses.

Murray,

To calculate the radius at the bridge, you will need to know the string spacings at the nut and bridge, the radius at the nut, and the scale length. The width of the fretboard is irrelevant.
To calculate the radius at the end of the neck, you will also need to know the distance from the nut to the end of the neck.

If you post those numbers, I can calculate the radii for you.

Steve
Well now, first of all, welcome to the AGF , Steve, and I am touched by your offer to do these calculations for me.

The fretboard referenced in the OP (along with a braced mahogany back and a jointed soundboard) has been lying covered in dust almost as long as this thread has ... I have had many many other things of more pressing importance to take care of in the interim, but my hope and intention is that next year will see these components come together.

As I say, I appreciate your offer to do these calculations, but I am not altogether convinced that they are in fact necessary ....I never think in terms of saddle radius (which I assume is what you meant when you said radius at the bridge) ... to me a saddle is a set of six discrete planes, each sanded (from above) to give an incrementally lower 12th fret action from E to e.

But again, welcome to the forum, and I hope to read more posts from you.