View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 02:15 PM

I went through the whole acoustic amp choice thing not that long ago, considered the Marshall, ended up with a Loudbox Artist.

It seems to me that the Loudboxes have really nailed the combination of price, portability, and good-enough tone. I'm sure if I was spending a ton of money on a higher-end pickup and signal chain that I'd be running into the limits of the Fishman, but with an UST it's clearly not the limitation I'm dealing with.

(I picked the Artist over the Mini mostly because I wanted the bigger speaker for vocals.)

This doesn't exactly solve your problem, but between the Marshall and the Mini, my sense is that the Marshall sounds a (very) little bit better, is more expensive (especially when you consider that you can usually get a mic/stand/cable deal with the mini. Somebody's always offering that deal for no extra money), and is a lot less portable.

If you already have a mic/cable/stand, and don't plan on taking the amp anywhere, I'd probably grab the Marshall. But I also really value low weight in amps, so if I was expecting to take it places, I'd get the Fiashman.

That being said, I don't think the sound improvement is particularly meaningful with a typical mag or UST pickup. If you've got a dual source, or a Tonedexter, or any of that stuff, maybe it is.