View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:24 AM

Default Fs720s vs fg730s

I Almost purchased the FS720S Until I began comparing photos and noticed it was WAY WAY Smaller than I expected compared to the FG730S Which I already have NATURAL .The TOBACCO on the FS720S is what really looked sharp and I didnt realize they made the FG730S in tobacco, then I found one and man is it Sweet, Even sounds better than the Natural I think , but for the money , I've paid 3 times more for worse guitars decades ago ..The Dread Size fits me well ,as all 6 guitars are dreads, love their sound - 2 with Cedar tops . After Reading about strings again for the 100th time I ordered some DR SunBeams to try 11s & 12s . I Have one Alvarez AD90 that does not like 11's but all the other 5 guitars play fine with them . Presently using DUNLOPS PB and they sound excellent , so it's gonna be a toss up to see which sound better on which guitar . Cant go wrong with an FG730S if the Dread size fits your playing - Was Glad to hear the post the 720 didnt compare to the 730 because of smaller size, that's what I thought